Michael A. Fagan
Michael A. Fagan
Mike Fagan joined Fellers Snider from Liberty Mutual in-house and focuses his practice on workers’ compensation and litigation.
Fagan began work at Liberty Mutual in 2010, where he served as field counsel, primarily handling Oklahoma workers’ compensation matters. He took hundreds of cases to successful resolution and obtained numerous trial defense verdicts and complete denials of cases in the Oklahoma Workers’ Compensation Court of Existing Claims. He also handled personal automobile and premises liability cases in state district court.
Prior to joining Liberty Mutual, Fagan worked at Jones, Otjen and Davis, where he practiced complex civil and criminal litigation in state and federal courts. His practice included several jury and bench trials on matters ranging from federal bank fraud to forced corporate dissolution.
During law school, Fagan was a law clerk for the Law Offices of Stephanie Warmund, Liberty Mutual’s field counsel office in Kansas City, which services Kansas and Missouri state and federal courts. While there, he assisted with general liability and workers’ compensation matters in both states.
- Juris Doctor (University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, 2007)
- School of Law Dean’s List, 2005-2007
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in three courses
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (The University of Oklahoma, 2004)
- Dean’s Honor Roll, 2000-2004
- Honors Scholar, 2000-2004
- Oklahoma, 2007
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of Oklahoma, 2008
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Volunteer, Oklahoma Mission of Mercy
- Serve with Liberty, 2011-2014
- Liberty Mutual In-House, Staff Counsel – Oklahoma City (January 2010 to July 2015)
- Litigated hundreds of Oklahoma workers’ compensation and district court cases to successful resolution through negotiated settlement, dispositive motions or trial.
- Responsible for full caseload of insurance defense matters in personal and commercial markets, including automobile liability, commercial liability and construction defect law.
- Served as lead or secondary counsel in numerous jury and bench trials that ended in successful verdicts.
- Jones, Otjen & Davis, Litigation Associate – Enid, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma City (August 2007 to 2010)
- Managed cases from inception to completion in state and federal court for a general litigation firm with an emphasis in civil and business law, including torts, civil rights, commercial and secured transactions, and banking law, with further experience in white-collar crime, employment law and probate law.
- Successfully argued before the Oklahoma Supreme Court referee and was solely responsible for preparing two cases that were tried to favorable outcomes.
Latest News: Michael A. Fagan
Fellers Snider Welcomes New Litigator
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fellers Snider recently welcomed associate attorney Michael A. Fagan to the firm. Fagan, an experienced workers’ compensation attorney and civil litigator, previously worked at Liberty Mutual. He will be based out of the firm’s Oklahoma City office, where he will focus on workers’ co...