We Are Always Available
Fellers Snider is one of the Southwest’s preeminent firms in the area of insurance litigation, counseling and regulatory matters. Our insurance practice includes the defense of coverage, contractual and extra-contractual claims; insurance agent and employment-related claims; and third-party claims as panel or other counsel. The firm handles individual cases and class actions in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the Southwest, as well as coverage analysis and prosecution of declaratory judgment actions.
We have expertise with virtually every type of policy, including commercial, marine, builder’s risk, property and casualty, farm and ranch, fidelity and commercial crime, errors and omissions, director and officer, EPLI/EBLI, commercial and personal, automobile, homeowners, personal liability, umbrella, commercial general liability, and more. Our lawyers are recognized for their expertise in this practice area by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers and other established peer review services.
Insurance Litigation and Counseling
We handle complex coverage, contractual and extra-contractual claims, and litigation for many prominent property, casualty, commercial, health and life insurance carriers.
Examples of our extensive experience include:
- Defending class actions based on complex insurance issues
- Coordinating the national defense of institutional claim-handling programs
- Litigating coverage, extra-contractual, abuse-of-process and other high-stakes claims against insurers
- Counseling and litigating agent, employment, trade secret and competition matters
- Providing other counseling services to help insurers avoid litigation and minimize bad-faith exposure, while also running an efficient and fair claim-handling operation
- Defense of employment, securities, ERISA, director and officer, errors and omissions, and similar claims as panel or other counsel for customers of our clients
Our practice group has extensive experience defending class actions throughout the Southwest. In just the past two years, we have defended national and regional companies in seven insurance class actions or putative class actions.
Extra-Contractual and Coverage Litigation Defense
Fellers Snider defends a broad array of individual coverage and extra-contractual cases. Our attorneys have achieved notable success obtaining jury verdicts and summary judgments in cases challenging insurers’ institutional claim-handling practices. Our firm also has an extensive appellate practice in the insurance field, including cases the firm handled at the trial stage and those brought to us at the appellate stage.
Counseling and Other Services
In addition to litigation defense, Fellers Snider provides coverage opinions to insurers and conducts examinations under oath for more complicated claims needing additional investigation. We also litigate declaratory judgment actions when an insurance company has decided to defend an insured under a reservation of rights; counsel insurers in policy matters, company institutional practices, and claims practices and procedures; and handle regulatory matters before various departments of insurance.