Richard Harris represents commercial and personal lines insurers, as well as construction firms and building owners in all phases of litigation, including jury trials, arbitration, appellate advocacy, and coverage analysis. His focus includes bad faith litigation, construction contracts, products liability, insurance coverage disputes, premises liability, employment, medical malpractice and casualty insurance litigation. He has served as trial counsel in numerous insurance “bad faith” cases for both large and small insurance carriers, including property, automobile, health insurance, life insurance and commercial liability coverage. Representative examples of his insurance and tort litigation experience include:
- Defense of suit alleging nationwide practice of wrongful rescission of health insurance policies
- Representation of large insurer in defense of claims of allegedly wrongful, statewide claims evaluation practices of roof claims in homeowners policies
- Defense of annuity broker regarding Federal litigation over sale of multi-million dollar annuity arising from complex multi-party settlement of product liability action.
- Defense of numerous manufacturers in personal injury, product liability claims and severe injuries.
- Prosecution of federal court declaratory judgment action for Fortune 500 insurance company, including successful defense of appeal to United States Supreme Court.
- Representation of national rehabilitation and therapy service provider in medical malpractice claims.
Mr. Harris’ construction law practice has included work for architects, contractors, subcontractors and owners, including such diverse matters as the representation of prominent electrical subcontractor in dispute arising from a multi-million dollar waste water treatment plant renovation, Representation of construction management firm in complex arbitration and district court litigation regarding multi-million dollar construction project, and the defense of an environmental engineering firm before Oklahoma Corporation Commission regarding underground petroleum storage tank installation and remediation.